Steps to Voting
The General Election in Pennsylvania is November 2, 2021
You are eligible to vote in the 2021 General Election if:
- You are a United States Citizen
- You have lived in Pennsylvania for 30 days or more
- You will be 18 years of age or older on November 2, 2021
Remember, you must be registered at your current address.
Any registered voter may request a mail-in ballot. Request forms must be received by your county election board by 5 pm on October 26, 2021.
Voting plans can include:
- If voting by mail, when are you requesting your ballot? When are you returning it?
- If voting in-person, how you are getting to the polls? Where is your polling place? (For example: car, bus, train)
- What time are you going to the polls? (For example: your lunch break, before work, after class)
- Who is going with you to the polls?
Go to the Votes PA College Student page to learn about how to vote.
You are allowed to bring someone with you to vote, as long as the person who helps you:
- is not your employer or union representative
- is not the judge of elections
You do not need to get permission before each election to have someone help you vote, but you may be asked to sign a declaration stating that you need assistance at the polling place.